HOW ARE WE TRANSFORMING MISSION?
Phase one of the scheme has seen the Transforming Mission project established in Falmouth, which has already led to the opening of the Huddle café (which has now closed and is being adapted to meet the current times) and the creation of New Street Church, which has a sizeable weekly congregation and is growing online during these challenging times. The number of people worshipping at the existing All Saints Church has grown during Phase 1.
PHASE 1 TRANSFORMING MISSION
Falmouth was chosen as it is one of Cornwall’s larger communities with a significant and growing student population, a vibrant place of energy and vitality and recently identified as one of the very best places to live in the United Kingdom. A combination of factors, including the size and nature of the Deanery and the growing commitment of the churches to work together across parish boundaries, led us in faith to identify Falmouth as the right place to start the Transforming Mission programme.
TRANSFORMING MISSION FALMOUTH:
- Revd Canon Bill Stuart-White, Priest in Charge of All Saints Church and TM Falmouth lead
- Alison Vlach, TM Falmouth Administrator
- Alan Wallace, Project Manager
- Revd Sophie Chatten, TM Falmouth New Street Lead Minister
- Bianca Parry, Community Engagement Lead & Communications Coordinator
- Matt Parry, TM Worship Minister
- Jonny Lewis, Young People’s Leader
- Charlotte Butcher, Children’s and Families Leader
- Jane Wheeler, Schools and Families Leader