3 Book Safeguarding Leadership Training
The following courses can be accessed via the Church of England Safeguarding Portal (online).
- Basic Awareness & Foundations
- Parish Safeguarding Officers
- Leadership Training
- Spiritual Abuse Training
- Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse
- Safer Recruitment and People Management
- Clewer Initiative –modern slavery
The Church of England’s National Safeguarding Team have developed a new version of the Leadership training.
Anyone in a leadership role, e.g. clergy, readers, church wardens, local worship leaders, local pastoral ministers, children and young people’s leaders and bell tower captains can attend this training.
The Virtual Safeguarding Leadership Learning Pathway requires some pre-course work to be completed so that participants are able to engage in a process of reflective learning.
This training is completed via a learning management system called Moodle where workbooks, coursework, Zoom links, case study and certificates are accessed.
HOW TO ACCESS TRAINING
- Go to the CofE Training Portal
- Register or login on the portal if you have not already done so (if you have already completed Basic and Foundation training, you will already have an account on the Portal). You will need your previous username and password. There is a link to reset password if required.
- Click on ‘online courses’ where you will see the ‘All Courses’ screen
- Click on the Courses tab/Core Pathways/Leadership to reach Diocese of Truro ‘Truro‘
- Click on ‘enrol me’, then we will email you as soon as possible to confirm your enrolment
- Click on ‘Preparing to Learn’
- Click on ‘choose a learning group’ – choose a date that suits your diary, make a note of the 2 dates and time (via Zoom only)
- Click on ‘Preparation Task’
- Complete the written and reading tasks listed on this page. Once you have completed all of the sections, use the button ‘submit’to finish this section, you will not be able to join the first Zoom session until this is done
- Join the first Group work session on the date you have chosen using the button with the Zoom link shown on the portal
- Between the first and second sessions, complete the coursework task via the portal and complete the questions, use the ‘submit’button to complete this section, you need to do this via the portal in order to join Zoom session 2
- Join the second Group work Zoom session for the 2nd session of your module
- Complete the final evaluation and ‘submit assignment’
- You will receive an email to say that your certificate is available in your profile once the Tutor has marked all parts of your participation as complete.
Dates from January to March 2024 are available
DETAILS OF THE LEADERSHIP COURSE
- Individuals will be required to show evidence that they have previously completed Basic Awareness and Foundation within the past three years by sending a copy of their certificates to email@example.com
- If you are required to complete the online courses please click here: https://safeguardingtraining.cofeportal.org. If you have not already done so you will need to register and create a log-in. Once you have logged in, click on the tab that says ‘Online Courses’, then select Basic Awareness or Foundation.
- The diocese does not have admin rights to the training portal so if you are having problems accessing it please email the national safeguarding team training helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The leadership course is delivered via Zoom and so you will need access to a computer, tablet or smart phone that has a camera and microphone.
- There are two 90 minute sessions to be attended as part of the course. Your two sessions will be on the same day of the week with one week in between. eg. Monday of one week and Monday of the next week.
- There will be a maximum of 14 participants on each session.
- A workbook will be sent to you by email prior to the first session. This will contain all the information relating to the course and what is required, including an invitation to Zoom.
Additional support for trainees – we want to ensure no one is excluded from completing this course. If we can support you by providing the details in a different format or supporting you over the phone, or by email please let us know. If you require someone to sit with you during the Zoom sessions to assist you please do so.
If there is anything that would trigger any previous experience of abuse or make participation difficult then please ask to speak to the trainer, Mandy Wells, before the course.
We found 1 resources