Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
We have a range of core safeguarding training modules developed by the Church of England which aim to promote a safer environment and culture.
Completion of safeguarding training is an expectation and for some it is a mandatory requirement for their role (e.g. LPM, PTO). Where training is mandatory your licence or commission will not be renewed if you are not up to date with your safeguarding training.
Each person, according to their role, would normally have to attend the highest level safeguarding course required. For details of this please see pages 16/17 of the parish safeguarding handbook – click here
The Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer, Mandy Wells, along with volunteer trainers from across the Diocese, provide a range of courses in safeguarding within the church context. For more information please contact Mandy Wells by email email@example.com
If you are required to complete the online courses please see the link: https://safeguardingtraining.cofeportal.org. If you have not already done so you will need to register and create a log-in. Once you have logged in, click on the tab that says ‘Online Courses’, then select Basic Awareness or Foundation.
To book on the C2 safeguarding leadership training please see below; (It will be hosted via Zoom).
Saturday 10th & 17th July – 10am until 11.30am
Wednesday 14th & 21st July – 10am to 11.30pm
Monday 26th & Wednesday 4th August – 1pm to 2.30pm
Monday 16th & 23rd August – 1pm to 2.30pm
Wednesday 8th & 15th September – 10am to 11.30pm
Saturday 25th & 2nd October – 10am to 11.30am
Wednesday 6th & 13th – 1pm to 2.30pm
Wednesday 20th & 27th – 6pm to 7.30pm
Monday 1st & 8th – 1pm to 2.30pm
Wednesday 17th & 24th – 10am to 11.30am
Saturday 4th & 11th – 10am to 11.30am
(Anyone in a leadership role, e.g. clergy, readers, church wardens, local worship leaders, local pastoral ministers, children and young people’s leaders and bell tower captains can attend this training)
Details of the C2 course – as outlined below this module is the first of the new style learning and development modules. It is anticipated that all modules will follow this format in the future.
- Individuals will be required to show evidence that they have previously completed basic Awareness & foundation within the past 3 years by sending a copy of their certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are required to complete the online courses please see the link below; https://safeguardingtraining.cofeportal.org. If you have not already done so you will need to register and create a log-in. Once you have logged in, click on the tab that says ‘Online Courses’, then select Basic Awareness or Foundation.
- The diocese does not have admin rights to the training portal so if you are having problems accessing it please email the national safeguarding team training helpdesk on email@example.com.
- The course is delivered via Zoom and so you will need access to a computer, tablet or smart phone that has a camera and microphone.
- There are two 90 minute sessions to be attended as part of the course. Your 2 sessions will be on the same day of the week with one week in between. eg. Monday of one week and Monday of the next week.
- There will be a maximum of 12 participants on each session.
- A workbook will be sent to you by email prior to the first session. This will contain all the information relating to the course and what is required, including an invitation to Zoom.
Parish Safeguarding Officers Training dates
Friday 9th – 10am to 11.30am
Monday 12th – 6pm to 7.30pm
Monday 19th – 1pm to 2.30pm
Wednesday 28th – 10am to 11.30am
Monday 13th – 6pm to 7.30pm
Monday 15th – 6pm to 7.30pm
Additional support for trainees – we want to ensure no one is excluded from completing this course. If we can support you by providing the details in a different format or supporting you over the phone, or by email please let us know. If you require someone to sit with you during the Zoom sessions to assist you please do so.
If there is anything that would trigger any previous experience of abuse or make participation difficult then please ask to speak to the trainer, Mandy Wells, before the course.
Additional online Safeguarding Training;
Clewer online safeguarding and modern slavery – accessed via the Church of England training portal (under additional resources).
Suicide – let’s talk –suicide prevention skills accessed via the Zero Suicide Alliance.
We found 1 resources