Working with us
Our Church House team is full of professional, positive, caring and people-focused individuals. You don’t need to be a practising Christian to work here – that’s only a requirement for a handful of our jobs – but we do all believe in the work of the diocese which is to Discover God’s Kingdom and Grow the Church. Our role is to support our parishes, clergy, and dedicated volunteers who give their time and energy to their churches and communities.
While you will want to work with us because you share our aims and want to be part of an organisation doing great work, we know that the practical stuff matters. Our core values – treating everyone with compassion and respect; recognising diversity and embracing different strengths and abilities; being open and accountable; and sharing knowledge and working co-operatively – inform our organisation culture, and staff terms and conditions, so here are some things you might like to know.
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- 25 days annual leave a year plus bank holidays;
- Free parking;
- A highly competitive pension scheme from the Church workers’ pension fund;
- We are a Living Wage Employer.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING FOR STAFF
We have a very strong focus on health and wellbeing, including:
- An employee assistance programme (EAP);
- A flexible working policy;
- Free eye tests;
- Internal mental health advisers;
- A free counselling service provided by the diocese;
- Monthly well-being advice and presentations at staff meetings;
- Free tea and coffee;
- A lunchtime walking group;
- Disability Confident Employer.
WHERE WE WORK
Our offices are on the outskirts of Truro, a picturesque city in the heart of beautiful Cornwall. Truro links to the River Fal and is just a short drive from both north and south coasts, making it ideally placed for water sports, walking, experiencing the rich Cornish cultural, archaeological and industrial heritage, and enjoying a unique lifestyle.
The offices are on the edge of the Threemilestone light industrial estate. There is free parking, and our quiet modern office building enjoys far reaching views across the surrounding countryside.