I have worries that somebody at my church isn't following proper safeguarding practice

If you have concerns that proper safeguarding practice at your church is not being followed, you must raise these concerns so that they can be addressed. You may choose to raise your concerns initially within the church itself – either to the parish safeguarding officer, parish priest, or the PCC (contact information can be found on the church notice board). In any of those cases we would expect and encourage those with whom you have raised the concern to speak with the diocesan safeguarding team to understand what has happened, what can be learned, and what needs to change.

If you 1) have already raised your concerns within your church and failed to receive and adequate answer, or 2) feel you cannot raise these concerns as you are concerned about reprisals, you should contact the diocesan safeguarding team directly.

We found 1 resources


Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care in an integral part of our diocese life.