I have worries about a situation involving domestic abuse

The Government defines domestic abuse as “any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality”.

If you believe somebody is at immediate risk of harm from domestic abuse, call the police on 999.

Cornwall Council’s website offers resources on domestic abuse.

Devon and Cornwall Police’s website also offers plenty of resources and suggestions.

National Domestic Abuse Helpline: https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/

It might help you to talk through the situation with your parish safeguarding advisor, parish priest, or the diocesan safeguarding advisor (DSA) call o1872 274351.

We found 2 resources


Click here to speak to our experienced team