St Pol de Leon recruiting for a Participation Officer
St Pol de Leon Church, Paul, Penzance are looking to appoint a Participation Officer (0.6 FTE) to support the development and delivery of an activity programme as part of a wider project to preserve and enhance the church.
18 month fixed term contract on a self-employed basis (June 2017 – November 2018)
Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata at 0.6 FTE.
Purpose of role:
This post is being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund as part of the St Pol de Leon Church Development Project. The primary focus of this project is to preserve a First World War memorial window but also includes engaging with the community so that the church can expand and enhance its use of the building.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the interpretation plan for the church including co-ordination of an oral history project and a celebration event in November 2018.
- Supporting the team to deliver the ‘Activity Plan’ which includes a programme of activities for church visitors, local communities, young people, and volunteers.
- Coordinate the work of freelancers and volunteers who are engaged to deliver activities described in the Activity Plan.
- Support the Cluster Business Manager to develop a strategy to ensure future sustainability.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the heritage and cultural sectors in Cornwall
- Experience of engaging a wide range of audiences with heritage, including those who are under-served by the heritage sector
- Experience of working with volunteers
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Kate Picknett, Penlee Cluster Business Manager for further details at email@example.com.
Application deadline: 12th April 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 24th April 2017